Tam Tam is the first Dutch Microsoft partner with search specialization. We’ve been working with Ontolica search for MOSS 2007 for a while now. The product solves many of the usability issues that the default MOSS search center is coping with. For example, drilldown, boolean search and a well thought user interface, are a few examples that make Ontolica a good option for enterprise search.
Although a lot fo things going on about search at Microsoft, and the effort being made in the community, Ontolica added some valuable features in version 3.2 which makes the product worth looking at.
Feature Overview – key features in Ontolica for MOSS 2007
- Wildcard search
- Search across WSS and MOSS
- Metadata search
- Federated search
- Drill down search
- Improved Best Bets
- Image Search
- More languages
- Load property values from web service.
- Simple export/import of configuration settings.
- Improved integration to My Sites
Added features in Ontolica 3.2 (released September 14):
- Import/Export of configuration settings
- Property Value Selector: Lookup field (dynamic lookup + browse dialog).
- Audience targeting of Ontolica Search settings
- Search result grouping
- People search: A-Z
- People search: Find all
- Save search
- Improved loading of property values from a SharePoint list
- Show/Hide inherited configuration items